1794-AENT Not Working

WildeKurt

I have a 1794-AENT Flex Ethernet adapter that has been working for a while. It was powered down for a while. When I powered it back up I noticed it was not working. Upon further investigation it appeared to have 'lost' it's IP address (previously set via the AB BOOTP utility). When I tried setting it again the module status LED would start flashing and the network status LED would go solid. According to the AB docs. this means it has a duplicate address, which is not the case. I've tried setting it to any number of addresses all with the same result. Interestingly, I can access the modules web page. I contacted AB and they suggested I replace it (under warrenty). Has anyone run into this before? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Kurt

Is this a Series A or B AENT? I believe the Series B has the upper and lower buttons for changing the IP address. Default IP is 192.168.1.XXX, where X is set by the buttons.

I was finally able to get it to work by using a different computer (a laptop)to run the BootP server and connecting directly to the module. Odd set of symptoms when trying to do it on the network.