micrologix communication

danfc

I have a C600 connected to a micrologix 1000 via DF1 serial cable. I have my laptop connected to the C600 via ethernet. How can I connect all three so I can use rslinx to view the processor while it's connected to the C600. The 1000 only has one comm port a mini serial that I have the P2 cable for the C600 connection in.

Welcome to the forum....

Generally speaking, you will need to set up an ethernet network. You will need ethernet to serial port modules for each device that doesn't have an ethernet port. "Mickey" and some of the other programmers here are much better at explaining this, maybe someone will jump in soon.

Here is a thread link using a ML1200 instead of the ML1000. I know it isn't the same but some of the info is similar to your problem.
Link:
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=29501

Last edited:
You may need a 1761-NET-ENI. This module would convert your RS 232 from the ML1000 to ethernet. You also need a router or a switch so you can connect all three together in a network