PopUp Windows in Citect

joigunni

Supporting Member
I was going to do a several popup windows, but seems just be able to have three windows open at any time, is it normal.
The idea was to make system that was based on several windows, barograph in one, meter in one, control in one, database in one, etc, etc. So the person how is working with this system could setup the windows as best suited his need, if he want have the meter big, or showing it on right corner of them monitor, he could just move the window and expended it.
But, I can only open three popup window at time. Any ideas how to solve this?
See, AttchFile

Lina1.jpg

Last edited:
You need to modify a Citect.ini setting (Easiest to use Computer Setup Editor from the tools menu) in the PAGE section create and entry called WINDOWS with a value of whatever you want, this defines the amount of windwos open at any one time.

You can also use parameters to do this if you dont want to mess with your ini file

Thanks(y). I did it in the parameter, was a bit lost in the "computer setup" just found "CtDraw.pages" there were just four pages, not quite sure how this works, something that I need to take a better look at. Is there any downside of using many windows?

Otherwise, do you have some solutions on how to store the last location and sizes of windows, so the next time the program startup, windows location and sizes will be as lest settings of them were?

lina2.jpg

No, wrong place, you need to create a new section called PAGE with the parameter as in my post.

There is no downside of using too many windows, there will be a point where the I\O server maybe starts to slow depending on how many tags you have on each page and the refresh times

I dont think there is s standard function that does that, you would need to use some cicode to read the window positions on shutdown and store them in a disk device tag then run some code on startup to open them in the same place

Ideally your application should stay open all the time anyway.

Which version of Citect is this is it 7.2 ?

Yes I'm using 7.2.

Drawback is that the program is not always up; the computer is turn off every day, so I have to find a solution how to store the last settings of the windows.
You are probably right, I have to do some cicode.

This program will be used to control high pressure hydraulic motors in fishing vessels, and when vessels are in port they turn off all the computers, so maybe not every day, but often, and the captain would not be happy if he had to preset all the windows every time. :)

I can reach the location and size of the windows and put in memory with this code, no problem, but I find no way to get this information from a certain window. It is not possible to know what the number of eats windows has, just goes by the order of its opening. Do you know of any command that I can use to get information from certain windows?

WinSelect(2)
Gluggi_Grunnur_Width = PageInfo(12)
Gluggi_Grunnur_Hight = PageInfo(13)
Gluggi_Grunnur_Xpos = PageInfo(14)
Gluggi_Grunnur_Ypos = PageInfo(15)
END
:confused:

Hi Guys!

I want to open a popup window in my Vijeo Citect 7.4 system, but it will be opened by a flag from PLC.

The application is: Every time there's a emergency button in "ON" state, this popup will be shown. I already have this flag inside my citect, but I can't open a new popup .

the cicode function is:

FUNCTION AbrePopupEmergencia();

IF falha_Stat10 = 1 THEN

//FECHA TODAS AS JANELAS FILHAS
WinCloseAllChildren();

//ABRE JANELA POPUP DA EMERGENCIA
WinNewAt(J_Popup_Emergencia, 400, 150, 0);

END

END

Does anyone ever did that??

Thanks in advance.