new guy needs help - PLC timer issue

Jason_H

Thanks for the help on my last post:

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=62643

Since then I have learned a lot though setting up a workstation with a few relays, power supply, etc. For my original need though I am stumbling.

I have three disks turning, and they are all at different rates. The slowest is apox 100 rpm and the fastest is around 500 rpm. I can see how the timer plays into this, however I am stumbling on how the timer plays in with the output.

If a thread breaks, it will likely stop the disk when the marker is not above the sensor. I tried setting the prox sensors to NC ( they are keyence amps ) but then the machine wont even start.

A little nudge in the right direction would be helpful. Thanks in advance,

Jason

Hi to detect lack of movment of a rotary feeder with cutout/high spot I usually have 2 timers, 1 for when it is covered, one for uncovered. Either will detect lack of rotation when the timer trips. Interlock the timers with machine not running to allow initial start. This may give you more ideas

Hello again Jason,

Are you having fun yet? I agree with cjd. Just Reset your Timers with the Start Button and add a branch around your 2 timer fault contacts with the start button. This will allow restart of rotation and once you take your finger off the Start your fault timers can return to detection.

Hello again Jason,

Are you having fun yet? I agree with cjd. Just Reset your Timers with the Start Button and add a branch around your 2 timer fault contacts with the start button. This will allow restart of rotation and once you take your finger off the Start your fault timers can return to detection.

Fun = yes! I got some basic things to work, but this one has me brain hurting. I will let both of your words of wisdom sink in an try this in the morning.

Thanks again,

Jason

success or no?

Okay, I think this works for me, but I am not sure if this is me pounding a round peg in the square hole. I had this hooked up to the machine and I turned the disk by hand. I used longer times than I would for the machine running. Looks like it works.

Remember this is my first project, please go easy.

X1-X3 are the three prox sensors. This is just for X1

See attached.

Thanks

Jason