using A.i plc2 with xp

craig61

hi

has anyone out there cracked using a.i plc2 on xp using the pcmk as a driver as at the moment i am in the situation where the a.i software comes up with an error message and says problem with pcmkinit.com or no pcmk card in machine when it is. if anyone has any info i would be very grateful.

thanks craig :(

I dont think that PCMKINIT.COM will work properly on anything from Win NT and up.

If you absolutely MUST have XP, setup a dual-boot with a Win 98 and Win XP.

I was able to get offline work in WXpro (AI2 v.6.25).
Online is woking with AI serial cable adapter, but extermenly slow, almost unusable. Same aboult download.
I don't have pcmk card.
Dual boot does not work: Win98 can't see NTFS disk.

PCMKINIT is a DOS-mode specific enabler for the 1784-PCMK. It was only for use with the DOS subsystems of Win95/98 that lacked proper Plug-and-play drivers.

No way is a DOS-mode hardware driver going to have a chance against the Windows XP hardware abstraction layer.

AI-2 version 6.25 works on Windows NT, by using RSLinx to run a 1784-PCMK card. Rockwell won't support AI-2 in XP or 2000, but you have an even chance of making it work yourself by using the RSLinx driver.

Dual boot does not work: Win98 can't see NTFS disk.
Off course it will work. Been there - Done that.
You can setup the XP partition for FAT32.
Or you can just accept that you cannot access the XP partition from Win 98 (you CAN access the Win 98 partition from XP).