Silly Question about Ge Fanuc Historian & InfoLink

Ahmadbasha

to download or Upload Data from and to PLC i need Proficy Machine Edition , right?
so what for i can use Proficy Historian ??
and what is InfoLink CDs // Manuals ?

Hi
There was a package called "real time information portal" but i expect it is called proficey something now.

cheers

to download or Upload Data from and to PLC i need Proficy Machine Edition , right?
so what for i can use Proficy Historian ??
and what is InfoLink CDs // Manuals ?
Proficy Machine Edition is programming software, it is used to program PLC, PC Control systems, Operator Interfaces, Motion products and remote I/O configuration, plus more.
Proficy Historian is used to collect "Data" from almost any device that has a serial port, Ethernet port, or field bus, it need not be a GE device.
InfoLink is a CD or group of CD's that has GEIP documentation on it, it is usually old documentation and it is always better to go to the internet to get the latest, whenever you can.

Thank you so much ,, i just have in work only CDs for InfoLink and Historian , i told them there is Machine Edition but no one believe me
Thanks again for your help