Hi all - Red Lion VX500 upload ???

rigicon

Hi all I have a job backing up some machines before we move them. I backed all the PLC's up but then I noticed a
Red Lion VX500 TS0 36033 the last numbers might be a serial number. I was wondering what software and cables do I require, just to upload to my PC a backup incase after the move the program has vanished. Hopefully I won't need to download the program or change it.
🍻

Hi all I have a job backing up some machines before we move them. I backed all the PLC's up but then I noticed a
Red Lion VX500 TS0 36033 the last numbers might be a serial number. I was wondering what software and cables do I require, just to upload to my PC a backup incase after the move the program has vanished. Hopefully I won't need to download the program or change it.
🍻

I believe this is the software you will need http://www.redlion.net/Support/Software/EDICT-97/ed505158.zip.

This manual page 21 has the cable pinouts http://www.redlion.net/Support/Software/EDICT-97/Docs/edict-97_manual.pdf.

I have never used one - it seems to be pretty old, but I just did a little roaming around www.Redlion.Net for info.

JHarbin is correct

You will need the Edict 97 software to extract the file and you can purchase a cable from us CBLPROG0. You can also find this cable diagram on our website if you wish to make your own.

Thanks
Jeremy

Hi Thanks for the info - both of you.
Had a look at the manual but couldn't find upload - Are we sure this older software can upload and not only download to the HMI?
As for the cable I am stumped as I need it by friday so I'll have to see if I have a plug to make up a RS232 comms cable.
Other question does the HMI have a battery backup or is it flash memory and thus doesn't really need a backup?

Hello,

In the software you will choose Link > Extract Image to upload the file

The memory is batter backed so as long as the batter is good the database should be intact.

Thanks
Jeremy