horner mini ocs

martyn

i am new to programming plc's. am trying to set up timers with the set point being user editable. what is the protocol for linking a screen to a timer? the manual describes timers but is not very clear on this issue. can anyone help me?
thanks

Put a numeric field on your screen.
When you double click on it, you assign a register (%Rxxxx) to the field.
Your register can be the actual register that loads the Preset value of your timer to the timer.
Make sure the filed is "Editable" otherwise it will just display the data withint the register (%Rxxxx) but won't be able to manipulate it.
Select how many digits will be displayed (123 or 123.45 or whatever).
You may have to "tie" the filed to the nearest key on your OCS.
(Never used a mini but it all works the same way).

i am new to programming plc's. am trying to set up timers with the set point being user editable. what is the protocol for linking a screen to a timer? the manual describes timers but is not very clear on this issue. can anyone help me?
thanks
Attached a couple of screen shots in pdf format.

do each of the numeric fields in the screen have the same register or are the sequential?
Nothing is sequential.
You write your logic the way you feel need be written and use the registers on the screen as you see fit.
Keep in mind that each timer "Must" have 2 consecutive registers assigned to it.
If you define timer 1 with register %r1 then %R2 cannot be used for anything as it is part of Timer 1 setup.

do each of the numeric fields in the screen have the same register or are the sequential?
The numeric field manipulates the data that it is "tied" to.
In order to have multiple Preset values for multiple Timers, then you'll need to have multiple numeric fields in order to adjust the presets.
If you have a bunch of timers that need to be set at the same preset, then one field will do the job as you will use the %Rxxx Preset Value register to enter the presets to all of the above mentioned timers.

thanks very much for the advice. i think i've got it! i had given each character of the screen field a different register and all the numbers were counting simultaneously.right now i have one timer functioning correctly. i think the rest will be easy now. thank you again. this forum is a great help for newbies like me!