please enlighten me

good day experts,

Newbie here..

Can anyone explain the function of MOVE instruction? it purposes, and would you mind to give a very basic example. đź““
Is it relevant in data conversion?

Thank you very much guys. :)

"Only the curious have something to find.."

good day experts,

Newbie here..

Can anyone explain the function of MOVE instruction? it purposes, and would you mind to give a very basic example. đź““

Lets start with the Exact Brand and Model of PLC you are using.
It does make a difference.

Stu.....

Seriously, is there NO manual?
No on-line help?
No Common Sense?
NO GOOGLE?

MOVE and it's relatives MOVE data from one location to another. That's it. In almost every implementation, M(O)V(E) is more correctly a copy, as it is non-destructive of the source.

What does M(O)V(E) do?
This Number Is In The Wrong File In My File Cabinet... I'll MOVE It To The Correct One.

Sheesh.

Are you going to ask this SAME question about every brand of PLC out there?
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=62938

good day experts,

Newbie here..

There are lots of other magic function also, could you imagine what these does:

ADD
SUB(TRACT)
MUL(TIPLY)
CMP (tricky one!)
MOVE (extremely tricky!)
;)

good day experts,

Newbie here..

Newbie doesnt stand for nonsence

yup, I got the manuals, and Fortunately All manuals are still available in the web.
Ahm yeah im just a young guy. and my seniors doesn't give trainings for me, thats why im using this forum to answer my questions. and self study of course.