Error when loading RSLogix5000 Ver18

GertThePLCGuy

I'm getting the error below when I try loading RSlogix5000 V18 on my laptop. My laptop has Windows XP, Service pack 3. I ran into this before and I thought it was a Factory Talk installation issue. I installed Factory Talk Services Ver 2.10 and tried it again and it still does not work. Any advice would be appreciated!

"RSLogix 5000 Setup: Begin loading step: Parsing configuration file
RSLogix 5000 Setup: Begin MSXML4 analysis on []
RSLogix 5000 Setup: XML test file not found, so analysis cannot be done
RSLogix 5000 Setup: End MSXML4 analysis
RSLogix 5000 Setup: XMLM: Parsing configuration file at []
RSLogix 5000 Setup: Could not load Setup XML Configuration File from: : The operation completed successfully.
RSLogix 5000 Setup: End loading step: Parsing configuration file
RSLogix 5000 Setup: An error occurred during loading"

According to AB, this is probably the result of a bad extraction or the web download zip file wasn't extracted at all. This could also be the result of DVD disc read errors.

They recommend unzipping the files again to someplace other than your My Documents folder or, if you are installing from a disk, to try using another disk or different disk drive.

Hope this helps.

Steve