FactoryTalk View SE Screen Navigation

TonyBourgeois

I'm trying to figure out how to use a memory tag or an indirect tag to set up a screen navigation banner. I want to put screen name and description in the banner and I'll need these to be able to change with the screen. The banner I am building will be a global object so I can't hard code those names in.

In Factory Talk ME I would use Parameter Files and Load File from Goto Button or you could go to Gobal Connections and under Display Tab make an Analog Tag for Screens. You have to number screens individually. (Right Click in each Screen and pick Display Settings and Assign Number for Screen.) Then use Multistate Indicators and under Connection Tab use the Tag you created for Screens. Then your tag would be equal to Screen Number and you could set Multistate Indicators accordingly.

Use the on startup commands for each screen to write the screen name to a string memory tag. You can also use VBA to do the same thing.

Use the on startup commands for each screen to write the screen name to a string memory tag. You can also use VBA to do the same thing.
^^ This Most Certainly for SE ^^

I usually maintain several tags that are updated on any "Replace" display opening and closing. It is the simplest way to go with SE, and can afford some nice programming shortcuts as well.

For more complicated things, I use VBA to interact with one of my "Always Open" static displays. In those cases, the static display can maintain lists of screens which have been opened, allowing for "Back" buttons to navigate all the way back through a menu tree or long list of displays for example.