[Help]plz, Where can I download AI5( software for PLC5)??

vungtauso.com

[Help]plz, Where can I download AI5, software to programming for PLC5 ?

I try to search on google.com but I dont see it, so I really need to help, anyone can help me.

Thank you

Why do you NEED AI5? It would be much better to go to RSLogix 5. AI5 hasn't been supported for, what... 15 years??

because I search in the Internet,and they say: AI5 can be use good for upload online to PLC5, AI5 run in MSDOS,so...I want to try, and I confusing about AI5 can open RSP file extention??

No, AI5 CAN'T open a .rsp file, that's a RSLogix 5 file. However, RSLogix 5 can open AI5 files.

You can UPLOAD (that is copy the program FROM the PLC TO the computer) very safely in a running PLC with RSLogix 5. I've done it safely for 20 years!

when I upload to my computer, open it by rslogix5, and how can i know the config I/O,config chassis,...?
because,some people say to me that : when you upload,you can not see the comment in the ladder logix,and cant see the config I/O,
so it hard to modify old program.
sorry about some question so easy,because i have no real hardware,I never do it before,this is first time,I want to be sure something before I do it, I need the help from everyone in here.

Thanks so much

vungtauso.com said:
when I upload to my computer, open it by rslogix5, and how can i know the config I/O,config chassis,...?
You will have to physically examine the chassis to find the I/O configuration of "dumb" cards like digitial I/O.

You can determine the I/O configuration of Block Transfer (analog) modules by finding the BTR/BTW instructions in a working program.

You will also want to know the rack addressing mode (half, single two-slot). Sometimes this is easy to figure out based on the population of the racks and labelling. Other times, you will need to read dipswitch settings to determine this.

Once you know the I/O layout and configuration, you can fill in that information in RSLogix5 and save the file.

The bigger challenge will be adding comments/symbols to the file. Start with the electrical drawings to name the real I/O.

Comments and description are not downloaded to the processor. They are in the offline file only. So unless you have a offline file with them you will not get them by uploading from your processor.

Same for the I/O configuration in a PLC5 processor. If fact configuring the I/O is documentation only ( in a PLC5) and is not even necessary to have in the offline file either. But a good thing to have.

Edit: OkiePC types faster then I do.

Last edited:
up to now, that's all things I want to know,I will try follow your advice step by step, your guide make me easy to understand.
ok,thank everyone so much,

P/s: Plz,see my attach file that I have from my manager. this is ladder logix,program for PLC5, as I know ,it use PID to control many valves,and sensor..etc..but in this ladder i think it lack of or hide the logic ladder,
Its use modbus RTU => im not clear about this.

anyone could explain this example for me?

thank you.

I don't see any PID control in your PLC logic. But the documentation for Lad 2
show a "DCS" connection. This may be where the PID control is at.

Also the modbus appears to be coming from a "Prosoft MCM" module. Get the exact model number and go to Prosoft's web site and download the manual.

See picture below

programDocumantations.jpg

ok, thank Mickey,
Which software you use to open this file, I use rslogix5.
Im reading manual prosoft, and could I upload program from prosoft module?

Which software you use to open this file, I use rslogix5.

RSLogix5 version 7.40

I have never used that Prosoft module, but I do know they have example programs on there web site.