Redlion Newest Update with SQL

wutnots

I noticed the latest release of Crimson 3.0 came out today. It says one of the revisions is "[FONT=&quot]Added new SQL Sync Service". Downloaded an searched. Anyone have any input as to what this is? Is it true?
[/FONT]

Hello,

The SQL Sync is very similar to the FTP Sync in the Sync Manager. This allows the user to sync the log files to an SQL server and even allow the G3 to create the tables.

Thanks
Jeremy

Love the idea. Can you point to the configuration parameters so we can give it a try? I must be missing it... I just don't see it in Crimson3.

You must be running C3 ver 418 and have a G308, G310, or G315 selected. Then it appears under the Mail Manager in the communications section.

Thanks
Jeremy

I see it now. I have been waiting on this for a long time. The thought of eliminating a computer on the plant floor, as well as top server, and some sort of VB or CSharp App is just amazing. I am continually amazed at the ability of these devices, just amazed.

Its so easy!

After getting a new account setup for out SQL database, I set it up to sync a new database. In no time at all, i could see a new table that it created and the log file of where it created it. We got a personal visit from Redlion (Mike Granby) and he listened and made it happen. So unbelieveable. Its so easy, a caveman can do it.