Hmi

skumar

usb to serial cable detected but between read and write en error massage display communication is time out kindly send me this solution as soon as possible Thanking You

usb to serial cable detected but between read and write en error massage display communication is time out kindly send me this solution as soon as possible Thanking You

To those who might assert "there is no such thing as a stupid question", I submit the above as proof that there is.

Skumar, you may have a very real problem, but based on the information you have provided, the only person capable of helping you would be a mind reader. Is your problem downloading an application from your computer to an HMI panel? Is it a problem of your HMI application communicating with a PLC? What brand of HMI and PLC are you using?

Until you provide enough information the only answer I can offer is to figure out the cause of the communication timeout and correct it.

usb to serial cable detected but

Somebody might adapt this post to a sticky, but I will repeat this information until everyone on the planet has read it. Twice. If your problem is "USB to Serial detected BUT" that's as far as I need to read to know you need real help. I mean Real Help. I used to have this problem until I Saw The Light, and made The Change.

If you need a serial port, YOU NEED A SERIAL PORT. Many have had success with USB to serial, I have too, but I still get the problem occasionally of "USB to Serial detected BUT". Here's my solution to the problem:

Buy a SERIAL CARD, PCMCIA type (One of MANY).

Don't have a PC to put the card in? Visit geeks.com, or another refurb/reseller. PCs are CHEAP. If your company wants you to save time, labor, and effort, the tools are CHEAP. Cheaper than labor! An older PC will run nearly all the programming software you need. Heck, buy two and keep one for a spare.

Throw away the USB to Serial adapter and get a real serial port. Whine to your IT guys, whatever, get a PC or a part that works. Buying an adapter off the shelf may cost MORE than buying the right card.

It's easy, really. Just do it.

To those who might assert "there is no such thing as a stupid question", I submit the above as proof that there is.

Skumar, you may have a very real problem, but based on the information you have provided, the only person capable of helping you would be a mind reader. Is your problem downloading an application from your computer to an HMI panel? Is it a problem of your HMI application communicating with a PLC? What brand of HMI and PLC are you using?

Until you provide enough information the only answer I can offer is to figure out the cause of the communication timeout and correct it.
Be nice... :)
Actually I do not see a question here, just an unreasonable demand. :unsure:

Last edited: