RS View 32 - MicroLogix 1500 - ENI Module

bmtrash

I am trying to communicate between a Micrologix 1500 w/ ENI module and RS view 32. I keep having trouble establishing a connections. I should have checked before but is there any prior know conflicts with this type of hardware setup? Are there any special settings that need to be configured? Any help/advice is greatly appreaciated.

Also, when i run the RS veiw 32 demo and get dummy information back in the DBF format, there are extra columns added into the file when i open it in Excel. They all look like status bits columns, can i get rid of them with a setup or settings change?

Thanks for the help,

Bryan

1. I have a number of 1500 with ENI connected to RSView32. What version of RSLinx are you running?
FYI RSView will not run with RSLinx Lite.

2. I have never tried but I don't think delet those extra columns. How do you log, Long or Narrow format?

Bob

I was using Rslinx lite 2.3.1. I heard that you could not use lite with Rsview 32, so I switched to Rslinx pro demo last night. That solved some problems but i still can not connect to the PLC correctly. Tomorrow i will post some of the error codes that i recieve when i am trying to initiate communication.

Right now i am logging in long format, this is not set in stone though.

Thanks for the leads,
Bryan