PB 32 application help

MJC

Hi, I'm working on a part of an application in PB32, it has a three step cycles. In all three steps I have to display on the HMI the time for each step, given step name and few other things.
Only in step 2 I have to display a temperature set-point and the acual temperature. Since all this data is diplayed on a single "Overview" screen I hate to change to another screen just to show the temperature data. Is there a way to either gray out the "numeric data display" in step 1 and 3 or make it not visable to the operator only in those two step.

I'm working on Panel Builder 32 (pv 1000 2711-T10C8 )
Thanks in advance.

You could use a multistate indicator and change the text colour to the same as the background colour

Steve

The thing of it is that I have to show actual values of the temperature. And the preset temperature value of a given recipe.

Hi, I'm working on a part of an application in PB32, it has a three step cycles. In all three steps I have to display on the HMI the time for each step, given step name and few other things.
Only in step 2 I have to display a temperature set-point and the acual temperature. Since all this data is diplayed on a single "Overview" screen I hate to change to another screen just to show the temperature data. Is there a way to either gray out the "numeric data display" in step 1 and 3 or make it not visable to the operator only in those two step.

I'm working on Panel Builder 32 (pv 1000 2711-T10C8 )
Thanks in advance.
It's been a while since I touched PB32 but...
Place an overlay (rectangle) on top of the values to be displayed/not.
Use an integer or a couple of bits in your logic to drive the "Animation" "Visibility" of the rectangle.
Add logic to control the integer value or bits and make it visible for step 2 and hide it for all other steps.

I don't think the PB32 has 'Animation' or 'Visibility' available for objects. I think the Multi-State indicator with settings to blend with the background on non-used states is the best idea.

Bernie's right about making stuff disappear, but with a Multi-state indicator, each state can have different embedded variables.

MJC said:
Hi bernie. I just dont see how the multistate indicator will work with this? I try to place the multistate indicator over the "Numerical Data Display" and this just covers up the Data Display with no way of getting it to apper back up again.

You need to right click in the text field for each state and take a look at embedded variables...

See my attached example...

Hi bernie. I just dont see how the multistate indicator will work with this? I try to place the multistate indicator over the "Numerical Data Display" and this just covers up the Data Display with no way of getting it to apper back up again.

No, the multi-state indicator IS the numeric display. Check OkiePC's post regarding embedded variables. The Embedded variable will contain the data you wish for the state. In the other states you can just have no text at all or text whose color is the same as the background.