diffrence between MODBUS master and MODBUS slave

ayman metwally

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,

What is the defference between modbus master and modbus slave?

and does it matter to specify this when i am using an OPC server?

thanks for replies.

A Modbus conversation is between two devices at a time, the master and the slave. The master is the only device that can initiate a transaction. It sends commands to read data from or write data to the slave. The slave can only respond to commands from the master. The Modbus protocol does not provide for a peer-to-peer mode.

It may be possible that you can purchase an OPC server that can be configured as either a master or a slave, but you are correct to be asking the question.

Similar Topics

Hi, We have a machine that we wan't to restart after power on if the emergency stop is OK. But if the emergency stop is tripped with the button...
Replies
Views
For an automation project we need to program for the first time in TwinCAT (V2). The Twincat software and PLC control is new to me. Programming in...
Replies
Views
Hi to all. We have a pH transmitter from Mettler Toledo (M400) that can be powered by 120 VAC or 24VDC. We also have a transmitter (M420) that is...
Replies
Views
how to differentiate between rotary and linear motion exactly?any example about these two motion? i am starting working on packaging and tube...
Replies
Views
I 'd like to know if force is different in s7-300 and 400 because I saw an article that said they are diiffrent but didn't explain about it
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom