Timer-ramp

magenuss

I'm making a control system for a robotarm, which is beeing controlled by a joystick. When the joystick is no longer used, the movement of the arm needs to ramp down. My guess is that I need to use timers.

I need help from you amazing experts to make this program.

How can I make a accelerating/decelerating ramp?

I've tried this, did not understand it all.
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/llisapi.dll?func=cslib.csinfo&lang=en&objid=1853767 - this does not work, it says "the symbol information of the block is invalid"

Is your setpoint a (parking) position, angle or speed or ...?

You can make a ramp function by calling an add function in certain time intervals, i.e. ADD_R called from OB35. You will need a limiter function as well (CMP_R + MOVE).

Kalle

Tusen takk Kalle!

It's controlling a servo valve, which again gives out a flow, which affects the speed of the robotarm.

So it's not timer i should use?
Could you explain in more details, please? :) I'm new at PLC programming.

If the ramp function is unknown to you, I'd expect you'd have/get other programming problems aswell.

Here is a link to an extensive library, also containing a ramp function.
www.oscat.de

Remember to download the BASIC DOC.

And: I presume this is some kind of a school work?

From the robotarm? Yes, we calculate the angle from the force (by advanced geometry and dynamics).

I'll rewrite my question:
Is there a simple way of using timers to ramp down a signal? If someone could make a simple diagram, I would be eternal grateful.

For Count Up timers:
REF_OUT = REF_VAL * (TIMER_PRESET - TIMER_VALUE) / (TIMER_PRESET)

For Count Down Timer:
REF_OUT = REF_VAL * (TIMER_VALUE) / (TIMER_PRESET)

It's up to you to ensure that you are modifying the reference by that kind of timer based ramp at the appropriate times.

From the robotarm? Yes, we calculate the angle from the force (by advanced geometry and dynamics).

I'll rewrite my question:
Is there a simple way of using timers to ramp down a signal? If someone could make a simple diagram, I would be eternal grateful.

Why do you want to use timers?

Isn't the task to ramp a signal from level A to B (0?) in a certain time? Or eventually with a certain ramp slope?

Kalle

This is a timer based rampdown as rdrast suggested. It is a simple Step7 FBD-code, just to give you an idea of what you was asking for. (If you'll like a perfect version, wait and see if LD pops in.
icon10.gif
)

timerramp.jpg