timer conversion?

karl84

Hello,
I recently started basic programming with GX developer v8.0 and have started using timers. My question(s) is after typing: T1 K50 and inserting it into the program, how do you know what kind of timer it is? and also how do you convert a timer on delay to a different type of timer?
Kind regards,
Karl

Hi Karl,
With the mitsubishis, I believe you have to hard program for the type of timer you want. For example, trigger a relay at the same time you start your timer, and on the next rung, use a normally closed timer contact in series with the N.O. of that relay to make an interval timer.

-
-[  ]-------+----(T1 K100)
X1 I
I----(M1)

--[ ]----[/]-------(Y0)
M1 T1

This should keep Y0 on for 1 sec and reset when you remove X1

Good Luck,
tommy23t

Timers on the FX models are mostly pre-determined time bases. Depends on the model you are programming. Some you can change the time-base by turning a special m80** relay on.

You need the book that comes with the plc to see what timers you have

Cant seem to find function FNC 65 - STMR? any ideas?

Which Mitsi PLC model are you using?

I'm using version 8.25B of GX Developer-Fx software and have the instruction available for FXU/FX2C/FX2N(C)/FX3U(C) models.

On your ladder... press[F8] and type in stmr
If it is there it'll show in the 'Corresponding instruction' pane and you can click on Details for info.

For Mitsubishi there are plenty of manuals available here for the FX1S/FX1N/FX2N(C)/FX3G/FX3U(C) model PLC's including a programming manual with programming examples.