OMRON to AB FLEX I/O

jabski

Good morning,

I am currently a student with one whole weeks experience with PLC programming and as my first task at work experience is a AB PLC program. My first task is too convert a existing OMRON C20 PLC program to a AB remote I/O with RXlogic5. Have references to the RXlogic5 but nothing on the OMRON C20, need all you guru's advice.

Having a little trouble understaning some of the instructions in this program. Like....

seq fail latch
[]-----------------[FUN 11]
[KEEP ]
[01112]
[ ]
[]-----------------[R ]

What is keep? is it a keyword or something predefined?

what might the instructio be in the address is H000 also has 'KEEP' word in it too.

I hope i don't sound too stupid but would like to finish this today.

PLC student
Jabski,

The KEEP instruction is like a Set and Reset in the one instruction.
ie

X
--[ ]-----[Set 11.12]

Y
--[ ]-----[Reset 11.12]

This of course could be represented as....

X Y
--[ ]----+ [/]---(11.12)
|
11.12 |
--[ ]----+

As regards to the HR bits (Holding relays) they are different to internal bits in that they maintain their status for one scan upon powerup. (Internal relays don't). In the above example if the power is cycle to the PLC then 11.12 would be set to 0 regardless of prvious state before power done. If it was a HR bit then it would retain its previous state as before power down.