MSG Read - LGX5K - SLC

TerriLaf

Hi All,
I am having some trouble configuring a CIP message read on the logix 5555 to read data from a SLC 5/05. They are not directly connected. They are connected via a ENet switch.
I have tried a couple of examples that I have found and even tried some that I have used in the past. Problem is that I just don't use messages enough.
Ok.. So long story short. I want to use the 5K to read from the 5/05.
The ethernet module is located in slot 2 of the 5k rack.
The address of the SLC is 192.168.1.1
My path currently looks like this...
R00S02_ENBT, 2, 192.168.1.1, 1, 0

The error I am getting is 16#0004
The error Path is: the path noted above
Error Text: IOI syntax error

I am looking at an integer value in the SLC (N7:5)
The local logix 5K tag is setup as a DINT (I get the same error if setup as an INT).

I'm sure it's something minor that I am overlooking. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

o_O

Last edited:
What is the extended error code?

Is your message a "SLC Typed Read"?

Your path "looks" like it has a couple of extra points on the end. My Message paths stop after the SLC IP address. (I used the browse feature to fill in the path info for my compactlogix to 5/04 read via NET-ENI, so I am not an expert on the path notation.)

And, your data types must match, so the type needs to be INT.

Last edited:
Thanks Ron. Though I thought I had tried this setup before, I must've configured something incorrectly along the way.
This setup works perfectly.

Thanks again!
TLAF