pv1000/slc5/04 recipe edit cancel

MJC

Hi guys I was hoping to get some help with a recipe in pv 1000.Question that I have has to do with the "GOT TO SCREEN" in my case main menu button in the recipe edit page. I cant wrap my head around what has to triger in the PLC if the operator enters a value in to a given recipe, never saves the value and exits the recipe edit page.
I want to incorporate a cancel button that will move the previous recipe value back in to the field, but I'm having trouble doing this with the GO TO SCREEN.
Example: Operators enters the recipe edit page, enters a value, but never saves the changed value and exits the recipe edit page with "GO TO SCREEN" button in my case main menu.
How can I get the "GO TO SCREEN" to change a value 0 to 1 in the PLC.
Thank You

I think you need an interim storage location for the recipe number, and don't copy it to the real location (in PLC code) until a further action is taken to accept it.

Can you post the programs and explain in more detail? (zip them first).

Don't use the Goto screen button; use a button that sends a request to the plc and get the plc to send a screen change number to the pv. You can do all the "did he/didn't he" logic in the plc and have it decide what to do from there. Maybe flash a "are you sure" message and confirm button using that logic. Or look for the negative going edge of a "no longer in screen N" comparator.