Siemens PLCSIM+Simatic Net

kyawhtay

Hi all,

I am trying to do simulation by using PLCSIM ver 5.4 sp4 and Simatic Net ver 6.1 (iFIX SCADA). But I cant able to communicate each other. Currently I am using 2 PCs. Is it possible or should I install everything on 1 PC and will it work?

Thanks

This topic has been covered before. A quick search on the site using the searchterms "PLCSIM" and "communication" brought this thread up, which contains the answer to your question. Using the right, available tools to find answers is more important than it seems.

Regards,

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I've already go through your link. But it only explain how to link 2 cpus in PLCSIM.

What I need it how to connect PLCSIM to Simatic Net OPC server in one PC or another PC. So far, I tried to communication between 2 PCs but it is not working. So I would to know is it possible in 1 PC and how to link up.

Well I am just started using Siemens for 3 weeks only so I may not know all.

Thanks & Regards

Search for "NetToPLCsim".

Have not used it myself.
As far as I know, it is not perfect and error free.
Your Simatic Net version is quite old. That may be a problem.

Hello to all,

I used "NetToPLCsim" to connect PLCSIM working on my VMware virtual machine to the ES RT of PCS7 in order to process some data from the process in PLCSIM or to give SP without going to the control room or connecting via VNC viewer.
I used KEPware Server to connect to PLCSIM via NetTo PLCsim application and then via Industrial Data Bridge to exchange data with PCS7 via OPC WinCC server.
So, NetToPLCsim gives you possibility to conect PLCSIM to the SCADA via SimaticNet.

plcsim3.jpg plcsim1.JPG plcsim2.jpg

Hi,

could You tell me how to connect PLCSIM with iFIX scada system ? If it is possible, please give me very detailed instruction or any link treating about this issue.

Hello
Krcedinac or Matmix1, please tell me what the settings are displayed in the photo - http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/585/ificplcsim.jpg photo not available, and how the selected server OPС - Use local or Remove OPC check box? If it Local OPC, then it should appear in the list or not? if remote, I use my machine local ip adress, but not connected. And yet, in video you use MPI connect from PLCSIM or tcpip.
Thank You..