Vmware and df1 protocol

aradhonline

So i have brand new control logix and everything.so i i am gonna flash the processor first right ? I have installed rsl5k in vmware . As the network is controlent and i have nor ent module i am going for df1 .but inside the vmware i am not able to detect the hardware . But in my host machine it is availabel and able to detect ?.i have stopped the rslinks in host and tried in vmware .but that also in vain.

Any soulution u guys ..i know there is people out there who is expert in vmware .

Make sure that the Serial Port hardware has been added to the VMware machine settings.

Make sure "Connect at power on" is checked. If you are using a computer with two real serial port then specify which COM port the VM should use. If only one real serial port, then auto-detect should be ok.

If you are using a USB/RS232 adapter then adding this Serial port setting is not necessary. But you absolutely MUST identify within the VM what COM port it is using. On my machine my USB adapter pops up as COM7. You can do into your Windows Device Manager to locate this setting.

OG

Serial_Port.JPG

Oh that is amazing Mr OG .You made the solution in just 1 and half an hour. My flashing is going on at this time ...You should change your name to Ohh My God (OMG) ..

Thanks dude.