How to transfer data from one OP15 to another one???

Kubas_K

Good day to all,

i have in my possess SIEMENS PANEL 0P 15-C2. I have accidentally unplugged battery and lost all program. Fortunately I have another one which is completely the same. Is there some way to copy data from one to another including firmware?

An early reply would be appreciated

Do you possibly mean the battery in the PLC ?
The program in an OP15 is normally not retained by the battery, but by flash memory. The battery is normally only for keeping the realtime clock.
There is a way to download to the OP15 RAM memory only, but it is only used for short term testing. It is unlikely that it was used when the OP15 was programmed (many many years ago). Therefore, I doubt that the OP15 loses its program only from having the battery removed.

Anyway, OP15 does not support upload to Prosave, so there is no way to transfer the program to another OP15 without the original source program.

So can I somehow by some kind of a software transfer data from functional OP to PC? Then plug OP without program to PC and flash it again?