Why coms config warning when adding octal I/O card to rack?.

micgent

Im busy building some test rigs for work.
Learning SLC500 at the same time.
Ive many I/O cards/racks/cpu's to test.

See attached .doc file showing cards in rack and the error.

I First ran this rig without the two 8-bit cards in slots 5 and 6 and it downloaded ok and the test rig ran as expected. I wrote another project with the two extra cards ie with new configuration saved it. Fitted the two cards. Downloaded the program, but on downloading received the Coms config warning.
Which I did not 'Apply'.

The two cards are ignored in the program??

I think I can mix 16 bit and 8 bit cards??

Hope you can help

Regards

micgent

That has nothing to do with the cards. It means you are about to change the communication channel's configuration. This will cause a loss of communication but not to worry just go back to RSLinx and configure it for the change you made.

What driver are you using to communicate with the SLC in RSLinx? Check the program
you are downloading to make sure the comm port is configured the same. Unless of-of-course you want to change it.

That has nothing to do with the cards. It means you are about to change the communication channel's configuration. This will cause a loss of communication but not to worry just go back to RSLinx and configure it for the change you made.

Check the program
you are downloading to make sure the comm port is configured the same. Unless of-of-course you want to change it.

But why do I not get this message when downloading the previous project ie no 8bit cards. I repeated the download of the non 8 bit project no message. 8 bit project I got the message. Hmm

What driver are you using to communicate with the SLC in RSLinx?
AB_DF1-1 DH485 Sta:0 COM1
Device being: SLC-CH0/Micro/PanelView
Baud1200
Station 00
CRC
Full Duplex

Yes I see that the original project is set at S:33/3 [1]
Where as the 8 bit card program is set at S:33/3 [0]

Therefore is it a simple case of changing this bit to suit?

Last edited:
Channel 0 ASCII Baud rate required changing to 1200, now I can download without coms warning

Thank you very much for the pointers Mikey

Regards
micgent