LogixPro Elevator simulation

marcia

this is my first post. Can i attach a plc file?

I'm creating an elevator simulation in logixpro, and everytime I try to run it, the elevator starts and goes straight to the top. and i cant do anything after that... HELP?

this is my first post. Can i attach a plc file?

marcia,
Not everybody will be able to open a LogixPro file even after you zip it.
If you can convert it to a PDF form that would helps others take a look.

if you don't know how to do the PDF conversion - go ahead and post the program file anyway ... maybe some of us can do the conversion and post it for you ...

and welcome to the forum ...

and the "program file" that we asked for? ...

if you'll post the file (as requested) then those of us who have LogixPro will be able to download it and try it out ... since all that you posted are PDFs (pictures) then we're forced to go through it file-by-file rung-by-rung and try to figure out what's happening ... unfortunately many (most?) of us don't have the spare time for that ...

I'm sure that those who HAVE the time are diligently working on your problem right now ... those of us who DON'T are still waiting for the program file that we requested earlier ...

and the "program file" that we asked for? ...

if you'll post the file (as requested) then those of us who have LogixPro will be able to download it and try it out ... since all that you posted are PDFs (pictures) then we're forced to go through it file-by-file rung-by-rung and try to figure out what's happening ... unfortunately many (most?) of us don't have the spare time for that ...

I'm sure that those who HAVE the time are diligently working on your problem right now ... those of us who DON'T are still waiting for the program file that we requested earlier ...

im sorry... still trying to figure out how to "zip" it because I cant down load the logix pro file

let's keep it simple since this is your first question ...

just "rename" the file and change the extension (usually RSL) and make it ZIP instead ... you should be able to post that - and we'll rename it back again before we try to use it ...

yes, I've got it running now on my system ...

take a look at Rung 001 in your Initialize routine (Ladder 3) ... notice that you're Latching On the "Going Up Flag" B3:0/1 every time the system goes into the Run mode ... is that what you REALLY want to do? ...

maybe it is - maybe it's not - but before you answer, take a look at Rung 001 in Ladder Routine #8 ... notice what TRUE conditions will be present as soon as you put the processor in the Run mode ...

suggestion: as a debugging experiment, just temporarily CUT out the Latch for bit B3:0/1 in Ladder File #3 ... see if that gets you any closer to where you need to be ...

if I understand your original problem, then maybe this will help ... if it doesn't, post again and tell us where it hurts ...

Thank you!! I deleted the going up flag and now it waits for me to make a request before it moves!! thanks.

Now I have to figure out why its not stopping.

I'll attach the file again if anyone thinks they can help. But I'll keep trying to work on it