PanelView Data Logging in PC?

Hello all,

Let me start by saying I have searched google multiple times for a solution but have either A.) Didn't find my answer or B.)Misunderstood exactly what was being said.

Let me follow up by saying I am pretty comfortable with editing, creating Panelview applications. I am by no means an expert. This job coming up is something I haven't touched.

Ok, most simplistically put:
We have a customer we quoted a job for. The process they need us to control is fairly simple, nothing crazy. However they wish to monitor and collect information down to Date/Time.

If a blower turns on at any given time over the weekend they wish to know. If a pump was turned on due to low level they want it documented etc.

It is to my understanding that the internal memory of the Panelview can hold up to 300,000 tag values if I'm not mistaking.

I believe the appropriate action would be to log the data internally and then extract it with a USB stick or flash card then transfer it into a PC on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.

Is this reasonable? Furthermore is there any alternative to having a more "steady" flow of information to the PC?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Frank Wojick

I have found some further information.

It appears that I can store the information onto a USB stick and then import it into a PC to be viewed in Excel. However, the downfall is that the way the data logging works, I would have to restart the application each time I removed the USB stick.

The data logging stops once the stick is removed and only restarts itself if the application is restarted

A light SCADA system. You know that once installed they will want to expand on the information side.