How to use Trend in Citect/calculate average

joigunni

Supporting Member
I have a sensor that detects the speed of conveyor belt, by counting a pulse. On the assembly line come bottles at regular intervals and which are counted with other sensors, so that each time a bottle passes I got a pulse from the bottle and another from the assembly line. If there is a one missing bottle in the line I get a pulse from the assembly line, but not from a bottle detector, then I can calculate the percentage efficiency “Percentage x conveyor belts-pulse = bottle-pulse”

Tag_Average = (Tag_conveyor*100)/Tag_Bottle

No problem. But if I want to get the average of the last 100 pulse from the assembly line, every time, then things get worse, is there a simple solution to this.
This would be no problem if I could use the trend and trigger it "sample period" with conveyor belts detector and not by time, and the trend has to move at the same rate as the pulse from the assembly line, maybe it is possible, but I can’t find it.

Something like that I think: :confused:

REAL TrendTable1[100];
FUNCTION prufa()
TrnGetTable ("Trend_Tag_Average",0,2,10,TrendTable1[0],0);
REAL Average
Average=TableMath(TrendTable1,100,2,0);
Tag_Average = Average

I've used something similar in the past:

FUNCTION getValue()
TrnGetTable("myTrend",0,1,100, myArray[0],0,0,"myDemo")

Minimum = TableMath(arrays, 100, 0, 0)
Maximum = TableMath(arrays, 100, 1, 0)
average = TableMath(arrays, 100, 2, 0)

END

This would provide Min/Max/Average.

myArray would be declared in Tags -> Local Variables

I would then use an Event that would refresh these values every second.

Seems to work.

Yes it works fine but don’t give me the actual average. I get the average of the last 100 time sample but not the last 100 pulse from the conveyor belt, it would be OK if the conveyor belt goes at steady rate, but for me it is not so, and sometimes it’s stops or go very slow. :(

why not calculate Pieces per Minute for both. If you take the time between pulses and divide into one minute then you get PPM. Then you would know conveyor PPM vs. bottle PPM. I could do this in ladder logic but not statement. Just an idea. The attachment is a example from a previous post about RPM for a new user that's why the explaination of logic but the same logic applies to PPM. Please don't take offense.

Last edited: