profibus error

Param

Hi, Guys,

recently my plc system keep on alarming profibus node alarm and cause my production line stop. For information, my CPU is s7-416 and had 31 node in profibus connection. I already change cables,connector and power supply too. The problem still occuring. The difficult part of this problem is the profibus node not only at a single sleeve. It may happen any of the sleeve and disaper once reset. It come randomly.

Any one can help to solve this proble?

Check the integrity of the terminating resistors on both ends of the segment.

I had a problem like this on a machine with alot of profibus nodes.
After using a profibus diagnostic tool during normal operation of the machine we found that at a sertain moment in the operation something went bad with a node so we followed the cable from the node and it was a tiny bit damaged and that brought down the machine.

On another machine we had alot of problems with the connectors.

You might want to exercise the termination switch by flipping it up and down as well.

Distances ?
Baudrates ?
Earthing ?
Repeaters ?

If you dont find the problem by investigating the installation, then buying or renting a Profibus tester is a sensible solution. We use one called Profitrace.

I had a problem like this on a machine with alot of profibus nodes.
After using a profibus diagnostic tool during normal operation of the machine we found that at a sertain moment in the operation something went bad with a node so we followed the cable from the node and it was a tiny bit damaged and that brought down the machine.

On another machine we had alot of problems with the connectors.

You might want to exercise the termination switch by flipping it up and down as well.

I did do profibus diagnostic monitoring and found some area the voltage sink less than 5v. Then i had change the connectors and cables, the 5v getting strong. But after the few weeks, it happen again.

I did do profibus diagnostic monitoring and found some area the voltage sink less than 5v. Then i had change the connectors and cables, the 5v getting strong. But after the few weeks, it happen again.

Have you tried changing the cables again? There might be something damaging the cables.

We had a similar problem 2 weeks ago. We checked cabeling, connectors, changed remote modules..... And last, changed power supply on the CPU rack. And seeming problem has solved. ?!?!?We have no any comment. The comment that i wrote above was my older experience before this problem.

Last edited: