Omron PLC & Red Lion HMI.

Elcan

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,
I wanted to know if somebody here has experience communicating a Red Lion G308 HMI with a Omron CP1H-XA40DR-A (or similar) using the Ethernet adapter CP1W-ETN01-US, or without using this Ethernet adapter.

Thank you!

I have tried the CJ1 using fins to the redlion g310 without success. I had to resort to 485 comms between the devices with a moxa 485/232 auto baud converter at the PLC side.

It was a blessing though, as I managed to configure the PLC on the factory network and can now go online to it from my office.

Last edited:
To lostcontrol
The CP1W-ETN01-US is a US product. It was designed prior to the CP1W-CIF41 being offered. It is an Ethernet device.

There is also a CP1W-EIP01-US is an E/IP slave unit.

Hope this will help.

Not directly, but cannot imagine it would be that difficult.
Are you experiencing issues?

No, I'm still in the design phase. This will be my first Omron PLC.
I was assuming I would be able to easily communicate this PLC with the Red Lion HMI, but I wanted to check.
Red Lion said that, if the PLC/Ethernet adapter uses FINS, it wouldn't be a problem, but I wanted to hear it from somebody who has experience with the Omron CP1H / Red Lion combo.