signal conditioners

karl84

Hello,
Do you need signal conditioners for all Plc inputs for proximity sensors? The Plc if it makes a difference is a Mitsubishi FX1N.

Cheers

Karl

Generally, you do not.
If proximity sensor is digital type:
-selecet proper sensor (rated voltage, current, PNP or NPN, NO or NC, 2-wire or 3-wire) and if there is a need, use an isolation relay (Mechanical or SSR depending on speed etc..) or surge protector...

If proximity sensor is analogue type:
-selecet proper sensor (rated voltage, current, mA or V, NO ) and if there is a need, use an isolator/converter device (mA/V, V/mA, mA/mA, V/V) or surge protector

Similar Topics

Hi, I am trying to connect several 931N-T221 to Logix 5000 PLC ( 1756-IF8 module) going over the documentation, I found that it can support both...
Replies
Views
I have a job that involves 20 signal conditioners (voltage and amperage to 4-20mA)... Should I fuse the 24vdc power to each one? I would prefer...
Replies
Views
Okay forum control geeks ... Do you fuse each signal conditioner or a group? I have a job that has 25 signal conditioners, some for voltage...
Replies
Views
I am not sure why this is requested, but it was asked. Currently I have one PLC , with one output to a relay, turning on a field equipment (just...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am working on automating an industrial fabric shrinkage tester to replace its outdated electronics with a PLC. To get the tank's water level...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom