RSLogix 5000 v16 Invalid attribute value

scottacs

RSLogix 5000 v16 will not let me set the date and time in a L61 processor. Get message "Failed to set controller time. Invalid attribute value."

I believe it was release 16 in which Rockwell changed how date and time are referenced. Our distributor has failed to renew our techconnect contract, and things like changes to how we read and write the date and time are apparently too specialized for r.a. to release to everyone in their knowledgebase.

If memory serves me, we had to change some of ours from DateTime to LocalDateTime as the attribute after upgrading to v16.

If you give us more specifics, about the details of the instruction which generates the error, I am sure you'll get a quick solution.

This sounds like the problem with localized versions of Windows that was present in version 16.03 and prior... if you have 16.04 and still have the problem you might have to work around it by using an SSV instruction to set the date/time, or use the Logix 5000 Clock Update Tool.

Are you using an ordinary Windows OS with English/US localization settings ? I've only heard about this error code with localized versions of Windows that have different Date/Time formats. See RA Knowledgebase 52616 (TechConnect) for details.

We purchased a new MacBook Pro laptop. Put VMWare on it to run Windows 7-32bit OS. Installed all of the Rockwell software that we use. One of the last known problems that I have is setting the date, time and time zone while on-line with the processor in the controller properties.