ABKF2 not compatible with Win2008 Server

RobinWang11

Hi All,

I got a project which needs to upgrade a old Intouch application to 10.1 version. The new OS is Windows 2008 Server. When i try to install ABKF2 driver, i got an error message, and i shows not "compatible".

Anyone have samilar experience? What I should do with this case?

Does ABCIP works? Or, Do i have to install an kepware OPC server? Because it is a upgrating project, i really don't want to have a Kepware.

Thanks a lot,

Robin

I don't think ABCIP would work, but the DA server version DASABCIP Version 4.1 works fine in Windows Server 2008. This is an Ethernet driver, though, whereas ABKF2 is a serial driver..

Do you have an RSLinx (anything other than Lite) license? Because then you can use its OPC server. Maybe get a Net-ENI to use the DASABCIP driver.. What processor are you connecting to? Is it on a network or standalone?

We have two SLC5/03 and one control logic PLCs. The first phase of this project is get the wonderware upgrated (make it works with all exsiting PLCs), and then we will replace two SLC5/03 with Compact logic PLCs.

Do you mean there is no driver in wonderware i can use with Windows 2008 for serial communication? Or, the only way is to have an OPC installed or ENI card?

BTY, the client does not have a RSlink license.

Thanks.

Well, I haven't had to connect over serial with Win7/2008 yet.. I don't know of any good/free option offhand. Have you contacted Wonderware? They may have a solution I am not aware of.