Hybrid Data Logger

The Plc Kid

Does anyone have a model or brand recomendation for a hybrid data logger. I need something that will do several channels of voltage ,temp,maybe current. with ac and dc voltages.

For all around troubleshooting. Maybe even something with ethernet. My budget is about 5K.

I have looked at transcat and a few other places and they seem to carry mostly single purpose units. I want a paperless unit that will log everthing i need for sevral days.

Any Ideas?

I've been using these for the past few years: http://www.lascarelectronics.com/data-logger/

The price is right, they are available in the US at Allied Electronics, I have two that operate for a year before needing attention. At less than $100 apiece you can get all you need within your budget and have some left over. Software is free as well.

Kid
Take a look at Fluke Hydra data bucket loggers. I have two. 21 channel, inputs are basically voltage but they directly support RTD and TC. Max AC and DC volts 150 I think. You will need to convert current to a voltage signal. Will log at any time interval you need from millisecond to hours. Will also do frequency.
I did 15 channels at 5 minute interval and downloaded to computer weekly without losing data.

Dan Bentler

What sort of environment?
I have a catalog around here somewhere for some loggers that look and work like USB thumb drives and they were inexpensive. I don't think they can take great heat though...

My boss LOVES Hobo loggers. I have not messed with them much but when I did I got excellent results. They make all kinds of different devices and they are very reasonably priced too. We have only had problems when we used some of their smart sensors in a freezer that was heated to 195 degrees F for sanitation. There, we should have used thermocouples and put the smart sensors outside the box.

I am looking for one of the larger multi channel type units like the fluke data bucket that will survive in the plant. Most of the time we will most likely set it in a control cabinet for a few days to find intermitant problems and such.

Anyone know where something like this could be rented in the Atlanta or Macon Georgia area?

I am going to buy one but i want to select carefully but i need something to use tommorrow.

Call your local Fluke guy - they used to have demo models. Those are what I bought at greatly reduced price. See if they will bring one out and do a show n tell and maybe leave it with you for a day.

With a little advance notice I could have shipped one to you for trial.

Dan Bentler