Soft stop on loading of compressor

lennox1974

Lifetime Supporting Member
we are controlling the unloading and loading of two instrument air compressors using a SCP BLOCK/ SCL500 system. 4-20MA OUTPUT VIA A I/P WHAT IS THE EASIEST WAY TO INSTALL A SOFT STOP TO PREVENT COMPRESSORS FROM FULLY UNLOADING

Not real clear exactly what you are asking. Explain "Soft Stop". But you can clamp the output to some minimum value.

Still want compressor to load and unload just dont want it to load less than 15% basically having a range of 15 to 100% how can i install a calmp to do this same as if i was going to install a mechanical stop to the vale in the field

One way is to use a less than statement at the end of your other logic. If the analog output value is less than 4900 then analog value = 4900. (Assumes 4900 = 15% of full scale.)

You can also do that with the "SCP" instruction. Or a "LIM" ( limit instruction) with a "MOV" (move)

Post your program and point to the "SCP" instruction in question. ( zip it first)

Last edited:
Still want compressor to load and unload just dont want it to load less than 15% basically having a range of 15 to 100% how can i install a calmp to do this same as if i was going to install a mechanical stop to the vale in the field

Why do you want to never ulload the compressor to less than 15%.

My understanding is
1. When reservoir is charged then
2. Unload compressor
3. Unloading is also to let compressor cool
4. 15% unload restricts air flow thru compressor
So I wonder if you are not cooling compressor enough during unload.

Dan Bentler

i'm not familiar with your application but are you controling a by-pass valve on a turbine compressor ?

Why unloading too much isn't good ?

hi,
anybody can help me?
how can i define new device driver in citect
i need 8 ch-relay out put and i am using of adam 4068,but it is not in advantech device driver listin citect 6.0 ,then i have to select Adam 4060 ,as you know 060 only has 4 ch relay out but ,finaly a can't define 8 digital address tag (Do..D7), i only define 4 channel , what can i do ?
anybody can help me?
thank you in advance

Vazgen. Your question has nothing to do with th thread topic. That is called hijacking.
I notice that you have done that in several threads. It is taboo !

Leave the thread to go to the main forum. Then use the button called "Start a new thread".