usb-rs232 adaptor comm to slc500

krseee

iam using serial adaptor to communicate with PLC.
whenever i do onlne changes the communication breakes .
can anybody suggest good ideas to solve this issue?
iam using windows xp-service pack-3 installed laptop.
is there any special settings to avoid the communication breakage

iam using serial adaptor to communicate with PLC.
whenever i do onlne changes the communication breakes .
can anybody suggest good ideas to solve this issue?
iam using windows xp-service pack-3 installed laptop.
is there any special settings to avoid the communication breakage

What is the part number to your PLC?

You have two ports on the PLC, the top one is DH485, for this you will need a 1747-PIC or the USB version 1747-UIC, the lower port is a DB9 (RS232) for this you need a 1747-CP3

I am guessing that you are using a cross over cable or 1747-CP3 and a USB adapter correct? if this is the case you have two things that may be causing your issue

1) Your USB to serial adapter is not very good and is loosing your coms, then RSLogix will fault

2) You have another software on your PC that is screwing with your Com port

If its number 1, you should try another adapter such as Keyspan or a complete USB-1747-CP3... if its number 2 you can try changing your com port to a different number to see if that helps

Best of luck!