Messaging in AOI

Firejo

I’m trying to create a message instruction in an Add-On Instruction in a CLX. I can create the tag but I’m forced to make it an “InOut” Usage tag. When I try to edit the parameters (click on the box with the three dots) I get an “ladder element field is non-editable. Invalid message tag in corresponding operand”. I’ve seen this before in the blog group (I did a search for the error) and found a small thread where “NFisher1978” indicated that he was able to make it work and posted a zip file with the AOI that he created (with a message instruction in it). I’ve imported it and have the same problem where I can’t edit the message instruction. I’m not online with the program and have tried everything I can think of. Anybody else run into this? I found a Rockwell document that indicates it should work. (http://www.rockwellautomation.com/enabled/pdf/developerguide.pdf)

Can you post your project with the AOI? Are you trying to edit the parameters while in the AOI definition?

Once you have created an instance of the AOI in ladder and assigned appropriate variables THEN you can edit the parameters.

In the AOI definition phase you are just creating a template. There aren't any REAL variables to set up yet. The MSG instruction itself isn't even REAL yet. It's like trying to use the bathroom in a blueprint of a house.

Last edited: