Add on Instructions Rslogix 5000

jamalshahid

Hi guys,

I am looking for Add on instructions examples with explaination. Any help would be appreciated. I have tried different links by searching this forum but unable to find examples. Please give me the exact link or page where i can see add on instructions. Thanks in advance.

help might be closer than you think ...

try this too ...

in RSLogix5000 go to File Open > Samples Folder > ENU (stands for "English United States") > open the folder that matches your version > Rockwell Automation > Add_On_Instructions_Samples

if you used the default installation for RSLogix5000, then you'll probably find that you have quite a few samples already loaded on your computer ...

friendly advice:

if you're doing this "Add-On Instruction" thing just to handle that scaling problem in your other thread - then you're making this a LOT harder than it needs to be ... your biggest problem is that you STILL have not posted the complete program file - so we can't tell exactly what hardware you're using - or how you have the input signal configured ... regardless of all of that - solving your basic "scaling" problem does NOT require an Add-On Instruction ...

suggestion: if you need to know more about "scaling" in general, then read the two part "Y=MX+B" papers available from the "Sample Lessons" page of my website ...

also - have you actually TRIED using the simple MULTIPLY solution that I suggested in that earlier thread? ... I can't guarantee that it will work - because (once again) you still haven't posted the full program file - but it certainly MIGHT work ... have you tried it? ...

Last edited:
Greetings jamalshahid,

In your other thread on the subject of scaling you said that you were new to PLCs. While learning about AOIs is a worthy subject, based on where you appear to be in your skill development I recommend that you focus on getting a better handle on the basics of PLCs before moving on to AOIs. I know I mentioned them in the scaling thread, but after reading subsequent posts I recommend that you focus more on the basics. AOIs are an advanced subject and if you don't understand the basics first you are going to get lost. Once you have the basics creating your own AOIs will be a piece of cake.