Panelmate Ver 4.10e7 Requirements in WIN.INI

cnrservices

C
At work we have an old computer for programming an assembly line. Some brainiac in the IT dept decided to do a reinstall of Window on it and removed the original WIN.INI file. I got TISoft to run, but whenever I start Panelmate Configuration Ver 4.10e7 I get the error:
Requirements exceed the settings of the [Paradox Engine] section of Win.Ini (There is no [Paradox Engine} section on this or any other computer I have access to; and all the WONDERFUL people I have been in contact with at Eaton must be commissioned salespeople in need of more sales, if the even reply.

Can anyone out there reply with the contents of this section, as my employer will not repurchase this, and has hinted to having me replace the Panelmate with a standby Panelview and letting me program the change.

1. I dont understand why you would have to re-purchase that, its not going to be available anyway, since y'all use it why dont you have backup copies?
2. I dont think you can use a Panelview in your application, you need to investigate this in detail, then explain it to your boss.

Panlemate 4.10 software is not really old, maybe 3-4 years.
Why don't just reinstall it? Where is original disk?

I did upgrade from 4.10 to the PRO release, so am not sure if record is the same:

[Paradox Engine]
UserName=PxEngine
NetNamePath=C:\
NetType=2
ShareLocal=NO
PX35Locking=NO
SwapSize=256
MaxLocks=32
MaxTables=5
RecBufs=10

Try it.
I know they have a couple more ini files and some other records, but try this first.

BTW, I am using PanelMate screens since 1993 and like them more than Panelview.
They great with 2 step key operations!! Very safe.

Last edited:
Thanks Contr_Conn

With a couple changes I got this to work.
Turns out NetNamePath and UserName are installation specific.

Also, as for reinstalling, the same IT dept that caused this mess cannot locate the originals - the manuals I got to keep in my office.

Thanks again.

Thanks Contr_Conn

I have made use of this information, even 7 years later. I needed to add paradox engine part what is posted by Contr_Conn to my WIN.INI file and restart the PanelMate Configuration PRO and it works.

Thanks.