Take a Look and Advize

The Plc Kid

Can someone take a look at a SLC and PLC 5 program for me and give me some advice on the STI routines.

I really need a crash course on exactly how STI works and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction on these programs. I do not thing either one of the STI is working and they look like the are not being called to me but i don't have enough knowledge about them to be sure.

I can't post the programs but if someone can take a look i cna PM the link to them.

Thanks

I can look at them tonight.
A STI just runs a routine at the desired interupt setting. They way I test them is ADD 0.01 to F8:0

got it ... and I've replied by email ...

plus here is something "extra" that you might find interesting ...

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?p=30252&postcount=1

your RSS file makes use of a lot of math in conjuction with the STI arrangement ... do NOT worry about this right now - but it should get you thinking about whether or not you might want to duplicate the last rung in your Ladder File #2 - and put a copy of it at the end of your Ladder File #24 ...

let me know if you have any heartburn about just "overriding" a possible "math overflow" condition ... there are two sides to that story ...

in the MDO line you run the STI every 50 milliseconds. In this routine you call the Ramp Routine with Parameters. Every time you do a JSR you take the Input Parameters with you. So in these cases you take the Setpoint and Current speeds with the excel and decel rates. In the Ramp File you check where what the Current speed is and adjust it up or down to meet set point.

In the MDO Winder you run the STI every 20 milliseconds. SO you run the ramp file. You can see how the ramp rates effect your line.

Back
Top Bottom