Mac Question

jshlvr1

First time posting and I have searched this issue to death. Forgive me if it is a duplicate that has been overly discussed.
I am in a pinch and need to use my macbook pro in the field. I can run a VM using any of my Microsoft MSDN's for an OS. Has anyone tried this before in an effort to program AB ControlLogix and such? Any problems with getting the VM to communicate with the PLC?
Thanks,
jshlvr1

How wereyou planning on communicating with the CLX? Ethernet, ControlNet, serially? I'm running VMware Workstation and I have no trouble communication with CLXs over Ethernet or serially. I don't have a USB to CN adapter.

I plan on communicating via Ethernet or serial as I do not have a usb to CN adapter either. Just to clarify, you are using a VM Workstation on a Mac?

No, Windows7. I don't know if they have Workstation for the Mac. I know they make a product called Fusion for the Mac. I don't know how it compares to Workstation. It's much cheaper though.

Alan,
That is what I am looking for. I have found the Macbook Pro to be a better buy than most PC based laptops. I know I can get the virtuals to work. I was just concerned about comms with PLC's and drives.
Thanks

The VMs work great. I've been using MacBook Pros for about 4 years now to do RA work. BootCamp and VMWare both work great!