Pulse

The Plc Kid

I need to make 15 1 second pulses in a clogix. Is there a sysytem value or something like in slc that triggers every second that i could use vs using timer and counter.

Just looking for a cleaner way to do it.

only thing that comes to mind is the WallClock with GSV Instruction. One Shot current time to storage and compare Last to current with a bit for pulse. Maybe Flash timer and Counter would be cleaner.

I need to make 15 1 second pulses in a clogix. Is there a sysytem value or something like in slc that triggers every second that i could use vs using timer and counter.

Just looking for a cleaner way to do it.

You could create a timed task that is executed every 500ms, and place this rung. First call Timer_Pulse is TRUE, next call 500ms later next call Timer_Pulse is FALSE

ScreenHunter_01 May. 18 18.26.gif

Create a task with a period of one second.

Place a rung similar to this

Pulse Counter.DN Pulse
---]/[---]/[-------------( )-

Program a counter right below it.
PULSE
---] [-----------+CTU--------+
|PRE 15|
|ACC 0|
+-----------+

If they don't have to be exactly one second, i.e., if 1024 milliseconds is OK you could program a free running timer and use the Timer.ACC.10 bit, then set the preset to whatever is needed to get however many pulses you want.

edit: I see curlyandshemp has made a similar suggestion.

Check out also, the POSP (Position Proportional) instruction in Logix5000. Note, it is FBD/ST only, not LAD, but it might be applicable to your application.

There are many ways to generate your pulses, but you need to be more specific in your requirements....

e.g.
Do all the pulses drive the same output ?
What delay is required between pulses ?
Does the delay need to be variable ?
Will it always be 15 pulses ?
What version of ControlLogix are you using ?
What language do you want it (LAD, FB, ST, SFC) ?
etc.

the more information you give the better responses you will get....

Daba

this will always be driving the same output. No delays needed between pulses.

It is driving a clippard valve to back blow/ clean a filter. Right now it blows for 15 seconds solid and the oem has recommended we do pulses like this.