4-20ma cable type

kiwisoundguy

Hi There,

I've had a wee look around for answer to this, but I can't find a suitible one, so I thought I'd ask you guys...

I would like some help finding cable suitible for 3 wire 4-20ma curcuit, with additional 18v dc +/- curcuit in the same cable ie 4 or 5 plus shield. The catch is that it needs to work over 100m and the cable will be run next (with in 6 inches) to HT mains (415v 3 phase) At on end there is also a magnet nearby. Will that cause any issues?

Will 4 x (7 x 0.2mm) twisted plus sheild be ok? Can the sheild be connected at both ends? If not I'll have to got to 5 + shield.

Thanks in advance.

Ben

I think there is no worry about influences of mains to 4-20mA signal if cable is shieleded. I would use LAPP LiYCY 5x0,75mm2 cable. I would connect shield to PE on one end only if I were you.

There is a cable which consists of multiple twisted individually shielded pairs
the size of the conductors 0.75mm2 or higher (metric)
In Aus - DECORON (OLEX)
you must not connect both ends of the shield.
I think this is also available in overall screened.