Sending string out RS232 port on PanelView 1000 Standard?

colin158

Hi,
I have a retrofit enhancement on an existing PV1000 (Not PV +).
It is a 2711-T10C10 with a RS232 port and DeviceNET.
I need to send a string out the RS232 port to communicate with a 3rd party machine.
The requirements are as follows:
Port Settings for the interface:

- 9600 baud
- 8 data bits
- 1 stop bit
- No parity
- No flow control

The data required would be RS232 standard control / data characters. Data would be 10 characters followed by a End of Line (Carriage Return) character.
For example I would need to send to the port: 0123456789<CR>

Any clues on if I can do this with the existing PV1000? If not, then what HW would you choose to upgrade with to achieve this? (Need to stick with Allen Bradley and Devicenet and minimum screen of 10" touch)

Thanks in advance

There's a Print object, and a Print-Only Alarm that can be made to send data out the serial port.

Does the string have to change according to PLC values, or will it be a static string ?

Has to change according to a string tag in the PLC, and send the data when triggered by a button press on the PV.