Et200s Si Serial Coms

hein123

Hi, it is me again :)

I have a Et200s serial module and seem not to get any communication when I connect to the Hercules (similar to Hyper Terminal).
When I send data to the module via S_RCV, the PLC reads the data. However when I send date via S_Send I read nothing

Any advice?

I am using a cable I always use for testing.
I am only connecting Tx and Rx and GND as the Marker I am using does only have this option. This cable goes straight from my PC to the interface card as I firstly want coms to make sure this card works.

Data does get send via the S_SEND block as I do get the Send bit. However I don't read anything. No problems with the receiving side.

What else can I try?

Do you see if the TX Led is flashing on your 1Si module.

Also a very common misstake is the connection of the cable.

pin 1 and 5 for RS232
pin 1 and 2 for RS485

If using RS232 ensure you connect the GND to pin 8 of the 1Si module so the communication partners refer to the same signalling levels.

On your S_SEND block ensure you assign correct values to the inputs. DB, DBB and LEN must be given correct values.

Last edited: