Controllogix - Compactlogix

wcp83

Lifetime Supporting Member
Got a question, and hopefully I will get an answer.
I have a Redundant L61 with EN2T, CN2 and a RM module in a 7 slot chassis, and of course there is another one just like it, right next to it.

I have a L32E processor with built in ethernet port.

I want to produce and consume tags but its been so long since I have done this(controllogix only). I can't remember how this is suppose to be setup.

Is there a manual I can look over.

Thanks,

Since you have the 1756-RM, you can run version 19.52 of the Enhanced ControlLogix Redundancy firmware, which does support both I/O and Produced/Consumed Messaging over EtherNet/IP.

Chapter 7 in the "EtherNet/IP Modules in RSLogix 5000 Control Systems" manual (Publication ENET-UM001) is dedicated to Produced/Consumed Tags.

The Release Notes for version 19.52 Enhanced Redundancy specifically address the firmware you'll need in the CompactLogix for a reliable connection to be created and maintained over EtherNet/IP to the redundant ControlLogix. That's on Page 17 of those Release Notes, Publication 1756-RN684A.