interface RXLogix

rmonroe

R
When purchasing RSLogix programming software what communication interface unit or cabling do you receive with the package. Would like to troubleshoot both the SLC500 family and the MicroLogix family

Thanks

rmonroe

There is no cabling or networking hardware included with RSLogix 500 software for the SLC/MicroLogix controllers.

80% of my work is done with two serial cables; 1761-CBL-PM02 for the MicroLogix and 1747-CP3 for the SLC-500.

If you're going to use DH-485 networking, you may want a 1747-UIC. If you're going to use DH+ networking, you will need the expensive 1784-PCMK card with 1784-PCM6 cable.

In addition to the post above: fixed slc500 and 5/01-5/03 also using DH-485. You may use 1747-PIC if your PC has a serial port.

It is in its place here to put a warning about the PIC. Problems with the PIC is one of the most frequent topics on this forum.

The 1747-UIC mentioned by Eddie, connects to a USB port on the PC and is much more reliable than the PIC.

For the SLC line, and some of the Micrologix line, all you need to connect with RS232 using DF1 protocol is a standard serial cable and, in some cases, a null modem. Add a gender bender of each type and you are good to go. If you are using the right version of RSLogix you can also hook into a DH-485 network with these cables if you go in through the DB-9 port on an AIC+ and use the PIC driver.