Trouble going online with ML 1200

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good day. I'm trying to go online with a Micro Logix 1200, using RSLogix 500. I tried configuring the driver using 1784-KT/KTX........for DH+/DH-485 devices and as soon as I do, I get the "blue screen of death" every time. I then tried the 1747-PIC/AIC+Driver and it gives me a "DiagnosticStatus failed: 0xFFFFFFE" pop-up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Definitely don't use the KT driver... that's for ISA and PCMCIA cards.

Use the ordinary "RS-232 DF1 devices" driver, use an ordinary 1761-CBL-PM02 serial cable, and press and hold the "DCOMM" button on the controller until the DCOMM LED turns solid green.

This will get you connected using DF1 Point-to-Point protocol, at 19200 baud, with CRC error checking. If you have a built-in serial port, the Autoconfigure feature will work. If you are using a USB or expansion serial port, Autoconfigure might not work (just use 19200 baud, SLC/Micro controller type, CRC error checking) and you need to confirm using the Windows Control Panel which Windows logical COMx port your physical port is using.