Loop Script In WonderWare

chrisj91

Okay, I know I've posted a few questions about WonderWare recently, but I'm still in the learning process . . . !!

So, I have a script which plays a Windows sound when an alarm is active, only problem is, it only plays it once and then doesn't continue playing it . . .
WonderWare Screenshot.png
I'm thinking I need to keep looping the script so it keeps playing it until it becomes a '0', but am unsure how to go about this . . .

Could anyone point me in the right direction . . . ??

Use a condition script and a "While True" action.

Data Change scripts fire every time the data changes. Condition scripts can execute under any or all of these conditions: On True, On False, While True (timer repeatable), and While False (timer repeatable).

Wonderware is soooooo much nicer then FTView.

Last edited:
Thanks for a speedy response rdrast . . . !!

Exactly what I was after, it seems so simple once you know what to do, I feel like šŸ™ƒ

>>>>Wonderware is soooooo much nicer then FTView.<<<<

Do you think . . . ?? You'll probably hate me then for this, but I actually prefer FTView, I guess it's what you get used to . . .

Thanks again

Thanks for a speedy response rdrast . . . !!

Exactly what I was after, it seems so simple once you know what to do, I feel like šŸ™ƒ

>>>>Wonderware is soooooo much nicer then FTView.<<<<

Do you think . . . ?? You'll probably hate me then for this, but I actually prefer FTView, I guess it's what you get used to . . .

Thanks again

I'm stuck with View, but it is so broken and clumsy compared to, well, almost anything. I'd switch places with you in a heartbeat.

I'm stuck with View, but it is so broken and clumsy compared to, well, almost anything. I'd switch places with you in a heartbeat.

Please do lol . . . I'm too used to FTView's setup and Wonderware's isn't bad, but it's just soooo different in comparison.

I know RSView wasn't too great, but I haven't really had any problems with my FTView . . . ?? Unless I'm just really lucky ;)

This would also work:

Continious play:

If AlarmDing==1 Then
PlaySound("C:\Windows\Media\Ding.wav",9);
ENDIF;

Reset:

If AlarmDing==0 Then
PlaySound("C:\Windows\Media\Ding.wav",0);
ENDIF;

Thanks for the suggestion NFischer1978 . . .

I have already just used the original and coded an alarm silence button in the PLC . . .

Thanks though, always good to know and learn other ways :) . . .